Are you looking for an easy way to improve the air quality in your home? Then having an air purifier is important for our mental and physical well-being.
But if you don’t know where’s the best place to an air purifier can end up not as effective as desired. Yes, each house is different, but luckily there are some general guidelines when placing an air purifier at home that will guarantee its maximum efficiency.
That said, let's jump right in and explore ways to improve your indoor environment without a hassle.
Which Room is Best For My Air Purifier?
The best room for an air purifier depends on the size of the room and your specific needs. Here are some guidelines to help you:
- Bedroom: An air purifier in your bedroom is ideal, as you spend a lot of time in this room, especially at night when you sleep.
- Living Room: If you have pets or a lot of people coming in and out, it is a good idea to place an air purifier in your living room to help filter out any allergens or pollutants and keep clean air around you.
- Kitchen: If you cook frequently, an air purifier can help remove cooking odors and smoke from the air.
- Office: If you work from home or spend a lot of time in your office, air purifiers can help remove indoor air pollutants and improve air quality.
- Small room and tight spaces: Position the air purifier in the center or near one of the corners, but not in the corner. That's the best way for the air purifier to circulate and clean the air for the whole room.
- Room with high humidity: Get an air purifier with a built-in dehumidifier or a conditioning feature. To maximize the air purifier's effectiveness, place it near a wall or window.
Basically, purifier placement depends on your personal needs and the specific air quality issues you're trying to solve.
Rules Of Where To Put Air Purifier
Air purifiers are a great way to improve the air quality in your home and make breathing easier. The key is to know where air purifier placement gives better results.
Here are some rules to follow:
- Place the air purifier away from drafts: Air purifiers work by drawing contaminated indoor air into their filter system and releasing clean, filtered air back into the environment. Drafts will reduce the effectiveness of this process by blowing contaminated particles around that haven’t yet been purified. So avoid placing near open windows or doorways.
- Choose a room without much clutter: Clutter can impede airflow and cause circulation problems around your unit, reducing its efficiency and performance significantly. Try to find an area in each room with good circulation so that it can operate with minimal hindrance.
- Don’t put them too close together: While it might seem like a good idea to place several units within one space for maximum effect, this can have the opposite effect because multiple units close together could create turbulence which impairs airflow as well as reduces efficiency due to overlapping filtration ranges between devices competing for resources.
- Make sure there is enough clearance: To ensure proper operation of your device you want at least 8-12 inches of free space on all sides of it for adequate ventilation (and don't forget about top clearance too!). This will help promote healthy levels of oxygen exchange throughout any given room as well as maximize filter performance since more contaminants will be able to reach the unit when sufficient space is available around it.
- Avoid humid areas: Moisture from bathrooms or other damp locations can damage the filter system over time due to mold growth; even small amounts can slow down its filtering capability considerably if left unchecked so try using them only in dry places such as living rooms or bedrooms instead.
- Keep away from pet beds/areas: Pet fur and dander tend to accumulate quickly within filters so positioning these devices near pet beds would require frequent cleaning and maintenance - something most people probably wouldn’t have time (or patience) for anyway – making another location preferable instead.
- Place closer to ‘high traffic’ zones: To get optimal performance out of an air purifier you should place it close enough to sections that experience lots of activity during day-to-day operations either due high number of occupants passing through or dust accumulation from furniture etc As such positioning nearby couches tables etc ensures maximum coverage but also keeps filters working longer since fewer pollutants need travel far before reaching device itself.
- Corners: Avoid corners or placing air purifiers against walls because it can reduce the effectiveness. When an air purifier is placed in a corner or against a wall, the flow of air is disrupted, causing the purified air to circulate less effectively. This can result in pockets of uncleaned air in the room, reducing the overall quality of the air.
Placing an air purifier in a corner can block its air intake and exhaust, hindering its ability to effectively circulate air and clean it. To ensure optimal performance, it is best to place the air purifier in an open and central area of the room where there is good airflow.
- Electronic devices: Placing an air purifier near electronic devices like a TV, stereo, or microwave can interfere with the functioning of these devices due to the electromagnetic interference (EMI) generated by the air purifier. The EMI can disrupt the normal operation of electronic devices and cause them to malfunction.
Additionally, some electronic devices, like a microwave, can emit electromagnetic radiation that can damage the air purifier, reducing its effectiveness over time. That's why it's best to place the air purifier far from electronic devices.
- Regularly empty the water tank of the air purifier and clean it to prevent mold and bacteria growth, especially in high humidity conditions.
- The best practice is to move the air purifier around. There's a reason air purifiers are portable and easy to move around from one room to the next and around the room. We maximize the air purifier effect by moving it rather than leaving it in just one room.
- Room size - whether the room is big or small, consider all the rules mentioned above and make sure the air purifier is centered.
Premium air purifier:
HATHASPACE Smart Air Purifier for Home, Bedroom, with True HEPA Air Filter for Allergens, Pets, Smoke, Quiet Air Cleaner, Removes 99.9% of Dust Mold Pet Dander Odors Pollen - HSP001 700 Sq Ft Coverage
4.6 out of 5 stars
According to our experts, this air purifier is an excellent premium choice. In one, you get 5 filter systems for pollen, dust, pet dander, VOCs, smoke, and odors, making it very effective in improving your air quality.
The auto mode is a smart air quality sensor to detect pollutants in the air and adjusts the speed. Users love the digital display, as it shows them the level of air quality they breathe. It removes unpleasant odors from the room, leaving the air clean, all while staying quiet so you can enjoy a breath of fresh air.
Best air purifier:
LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Large Room, H13 True HEPA Filter and U-Shaped Air Inlet Powerfully Remove Pet Hairs, Allergies, Smoke, Dust in Bedroom, Smart WiFi and Sleep Auto Mode, Vital 200S, White
4.7 out of 5 stars
Our experts picked the LEVOIT air purifier as a second choice as it has a few great features. The HEPA filter is incredibly effective at removing pet hairs, allergies, smoke, and dust, making it an excellent option for those with sensitivities.
The shape air inlet design allows for efficient cleaning, so you can enjoy fresh air in your room in no time. The smart WiFi and sleep auto mode makes this air purifier a must-have if you're looking to enhance indoor air quality. The white, sleek, and stylish design works well in any decor. Overall, this air purifier is worth investing in for your health and comfort.
Budget friendly air purifier:
Air Purifier For Home| H13 True Hepa Filter 24dB Quiet 220 ft² 3-Stage Filtration Air Purifies Whisper | Air Cleaner Remove 99.99% Pet Odors Dust Pollen Smoke Household Mold | Optional Night Light (Silver Grey air purifier)
4.5 out of 5 stars
This relatively budget-friendly air purifier has a powerful 3-stage filtration system, including an H13 True HEPA filter. According to our experts, it's designed to quietly remove 99.99% of pet odors, dust, pollen, smoke, and household mold from your air - perfect if you have allergies in the family.
The quiet operation and whisper-soft design make it perfect for use in any room, without disturbing your peace. This air purifier is ideal for medium-sized rooms, providing you with clean, fresh air all day and night. It's whisper quiet but still effective at circulating the air.